ICF-CT Board of Directors
- View Members
The ICF-CT Board of Directors is voted into office in April-May of each year through a membership ballot system. The installation ceremony is held at the final meeting of the year, usually the last Friday of May, and officially takes effect July 1st. The Board of Directors consists of President, Past President, President Elect, Secretary, Treasurer and the Chairs or Co-Chairs of Membership, Marketing, Meeting Management, Technology and Programs.
Finance - View Members
- Finance Committee - chaired by the Treasurer
- Assist treasurer, president and president elect in the preparation of the annual budget for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Review all the financial aspects and make recommendations for approval for expenditures.
Marketing - View Members
- Marketing Committee - led by Marketing Chair
- The goal of the marketing committee is to promote and enhance the Chapter’s visibility and image in Connecticut by: • Developing, refining and coordinating internal and external communications to create sustained member interest, attract new members, and increase public awareness of coaching generally and ICF-CT specifically.
- Refining and ensuring the consistency of messaging for the chapter.
- Positioning ICF-CT as the “go to” resource for expertise on professional coaching in Connecticut.
- Making the most of ICF-CT’s website, emails/newsletters and social media.
- Using other media outlets for specific purposes, as appropriate, including business journals, newspapers, and local radio and television.
Meeting Management - View Members
- Meeting Management Committee – led by In-person Meeting Management Chair
- Determine the meeting locations and menus.
- Be the liaison for all dealings with the meeting location - room temperature, timing of food, paying for the meeting location and providing the treasurer with accounts and receipts.
- MM will coordinate with Programs to determine the room set-up prior to the meetings.
- Committee will receive reservations, confirm them, and interface with emails related to meeting attendance. MM committee provides the name tags for meeting attendees and staffs the check-in desk.
Membership - View Members
- Membership Committee is led by the Membership Chair
- The membership committee is responsible for the “internal marketing” for the ICF-CT.
- Meets and greets participants at the meetings
- Makes ambassador calls to new and prospective members
- Ensures that first time attendees have a coach match for a 1 hour follow up call
- Chair checks ICF global site 2x a month for new members
- These new members are then added to ICF-CT member list by chair or appointee, in order to maintain up-to-date chapter membership list for emails
- Membership committee identifies several times a year (Welcome Sept., Happy Holidays/New Year, Renewal season) when all members should be contacted and helps prepare draft of information to convey – recommend 3 attempts 1 call, 1 email and 1 contact of board member choice
- Membership committee determines if ambassadors or board members will make the calls listed above.
- This committee should work closely with Marketing to promote the ICF and local chapter activities.
Nominations - View Members
Draft letter to ICF-CT members to announce open positions
Appointed by the President Elect.
Committee: 2 non-board chapter members and the President Elect.
Consults with: President.
Active: January through April
Coordinates with marketing for info distribution.
Confirm current board members' tenure and interest to identify open board positions for the coming year
Committee obtains and recommends members for consideration for each office according to the bylaws
Draft letter to ICF-CT members to announce nominations
Draft a slate of officers for the election to send out ballot by early April
Programs - View Members
- Programs functions as the Education and Professional Development committee and is chaired by program co-chairs
- Identify, vet and arrange for speakers and programs consistent with chapter goals – both in-person and virtual
- Share program ideas and potential presentation information with board, or at least president, prior to finalizing “contract” with speakers
- Obtain ICF continuing education credits for the programs
- Provide publicity material for the website and newsletter related to each program – this should be obtained from the speaker applications
- Prep speakers prior to the meeting so that they are aware of the time and other constraints
- Conduct feedback surveys and distribute CCEU certificates under the guidelines of the ICF global
Technology - View Members
- Committee led by Technology Chair
- Provide direction and leadership for the chapter’s use of technology to accomplish strategic goals, maintain chapter related business systems and technology infrastructure.
- Maintain online systems to be current, provide interactive information and meet the needs of members. This includes the website, social media platforms, PayPal, Zoom, Google and other systems as needed.
- The chair is the main liaison to website, virtual vendors and the chapter Virtual assistant.